Friday, October 10, 2008

1 Week Till My Cowboy Soldier Is Home Again.


We have now entered the final week of that Cowboy who is so missed returning from his six weeks of training. I will admit I even surprised myself with how well I have done though. It only took a day for me to get back in the swing of being a military wife who's man is gone making me a married single mom of three little cowboys.

I was worried that it would be harder than it was seeing as its been almost 5 yrs since Combat Boot Cowboy was in the military. At that time having one child, and now we have three. I must admit that was un-nerving. You throw in the fact that I now live in the middle of nowhere ND, which if you've ever driven through our gorgeous state you know is 90% of the state, I can honestly say it almost scared the bejeebers out of me. Yay me, I adjusted so well I even impressed myself. I so love when I can impress myself. Nothing is so gratifying as patting yourself on the back and saying damn girl I did not know you could do that so well, you really deserve some reward for being so wonderful. My reward has yet to be awarded.

1 week till he gets home. Am I making any special preparations? Nahhhhh. It's only been six weeks. Having my cooking to eat again and stories from a 8 yr old and a 4 yr old, not to mention an 18 month old who talks like crazy should be more than enough homecoming festivity. I am crossing my fingers and toes that the weather mellows out though, all except that little decimal I have for a pinkie toe, it just will not cooperate with anything, it's my rebel toe. Right now the lovely weather on the prairie of ND is non-stop rain mixed with near freezing temps and hitting below freezing with in the next couple nights. Sigh!

I'm not ready. Just a week ago we were in the 70's my snap dragons where bursting with new blooms and I had the windows open. Now I still need to put storm windows in, get the grill in the garage for next year, batten down the hatches and I need my man home to help with some of the joys of preparing for winter. So... old man winter you'd better stay west and leave us alone a few more weeks. PLEASE I beg from the bottom of a military wife's heart.


P.S. Just talked to my best girl buddy in WY, they just got bombed with a foot and a half of snow this weekend. Uhhhggg! Sun. 12 Oct.

No comments:

Post a Comment