Saturday, September 13, 2008

Coconut Lovers...This recipe is for you.

Oh my, this is by far the best coconut cookie recipe I've had. It took adding a little more of this and a little less of that but by George I did it. I'd pat myself on the back if I could reach.

So, if you like coconut cookies these are goodygasm guaranteed.....they are both crispy and chewy and oh lordy good.

Now, it's not like I've made it my life long mission to create the perfect coconut cookie or anything. I do enjoy them though, but unlike a lot of people I don't like my cookies with a lot of extra funky things for texture or color. So, this is just what it says coconut cookies, no white choc. chips, no macadamia nuts, no cherry halves on top. Though feel free to add any or all of the above if you so wish. I just like basics though. These are definitely going to become a Christmas cookie must have. I'm sure like most coconut cookies these will probably freeze well too. Enough chit chat though, here it is...


Chewy Coconut Cookies


1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup butter (room temp.)
1/2 Cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup white Sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (for intense coconut flavor, use coconut extract)
2 Cups Flaked Coconut (I use sweetened)


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.

In your mixer, I love my Kitchen Aid, cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar till creamy like most starts to cookie doughs.

With mixer on low - med low, beat in the egg and vanilla till nice and combined.

This time make sure mixer is on low... slowly add it the flour mixture till fully combined and then add the coconut.

I use a teaspoon full per cookie and drop them on an ungreased cookie sheet making sure to leave a few inches in between.

Bake 12 -15 minutes till they are nice and light toasty brown.

Cool on rack. But don't forget to eat one once cooled to the touch just to make sure they are good enough for the kids and done all the way through. . And like all my recipes, this is kid tested and approved. Enjoy!






P.S. Sorry bout the pictures being so bright, didn't take into consideration sunshine on the baby's head. oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment