Friday, September 26, 2008

Coffee Cup Chocolate Cake.

First things this morning, OK not first thing, I got the oldest out the door, down the driveway and on the little bus prior to. Yes my son rides a smaller than normal bus. Stop it! Stop your laughing right now, you know who I'm talking to. The reason for the little bus is we are in the middle of nowhere ND. Our school is K-12 in the same building and has around 300 kiddos total. You calculate walkers, parents drop them offers, ride with older siblingers and teachers kidders (sorry had to do it) and that doesn't leave a whole heck of a lot. It does leave miles and miles of rural children such as mine. So, they might be micro buses but there is a whole row of em.

I'm sure you have noticed by now that I refuse to use the term "short bus." I do, I refuse to use it because of the warped friends I have that will convulse into a ball on the floor of hysterical laughter if I do. Damn city friends, go to Starbucks and buy me a latte, it will make you feel a lot better about laughing at me, well, I'll feel a lot better about you laughing at me .

You know I really wonder what it says about a person when her best friends are the first people to laugh at her and get their kicks at her expensive?

It says they are the greatest, I'd do the same thing.

OK back on track, after getting the oldest of my cowboy babies on the bus I checked my email. Not for any particular reason, that Cowboy Soldier of mine won't be writing, he's still in NM going through WTC training (learning the Army way since he's ex Navy). Last I heard from him he was learning the hand to hand combat mixed martial arts stuff. Ahhhhhhhh Young grasshopper, your Kung Foo is no match for my rockets. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Thanks Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. My life was not complete til your one liners came into it.

This kick butt little recipe was among the contents of my inbox this early am. Since I'm not much of a send every fwd I get type person, I thought I would share it here.

Disclaimer: I have not tried it yet. I was going to have it for breakfast, Shushhh I'm emotional eating here, thank you! Of course, wouldn't you know it I'm out of cocoa. I can't run to the store and get some either. For one, I only run if someones chasing me! For two, I'm still waiting for the military to decided that it's been long enough my husband needs paid, so I'm grounded. Living here, you do not venture out unless planning on filling the tank when the trucks gas gauge is in the red.

Finially, Here's the recipe. Provided you haven't already scrolled to the bottom to check it out because you where too tired of me getting sidetracked.

If you try it, please leave us all a comment below so we know how it went with you being the taste tester. OH, Don't forget to take the spoon out of the cup. That would really lead to disaster and I won't be held accountable for you blowing up your microwave or atleast causing a nuker meltdown.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional) a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using)
and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The
cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool
a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT!
This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous. But Why?!
It's fall now, be a bear and put on your winter layer of fat. It will make the holy crap it's cold this winter seem so much more tollerable.

Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment