Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cookie Salad Recipe

This recipe came from one of the wives from my husband's Guard unit.

Two weekends ago we went to the the unit picnic and this recipe was a hit. I am sad to admit, I didn't have any. I was too busy helping get an indecisive 4 yr old through the food line, without him dropping his plate and filling it with nothing but watermellon and chips. My son did have a big healthy scoop of it though, and it was "awesome, soooo good" and who am I to disagree with an 8 yr old. It was also good enough, that my cowboy soldier's Readiness NCO emailed it to everyone. I must say, I fully intend to make this recipe though, I'm thinking probably around the 8th, (when my roughrider cowboy leaves for WTC for a month) the perfect time for a big bowl of comfort food.

My thinking is... any salad that includes pudding and smashed cookies needs to be shared, and since it does have "salad" in the name that means you are free and clear to eat as much as you want because we all know salad = healthy!


COOKIE SALAD
BY: LUCAS MORAN


2 SMALL BOXES INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING
2 CUPS BUTTERMILK**
MED CONTAINER COOL WHIP
1 SMALL CAN MANDARIN ORANGES, DRAINED
1 SMALL CAN PINEAPPLE CHUNKS, DRAINED
1 PKG FUDGE STRIPED COOKIES, CRUSHED


MIX PUDDING WITH MILK. ADD COOL WHIP AND FRUIT AND CRUSHED
COOKIES. OPTIONAL: SPRINKLE A FEW COOKIE CRUMBS ON TOP OR GARNISH
WITH A FEW WHOLE COOKIES. REFRIGERATE


**IF YOU DON'T HAVE BUTTERMILK ON HAND SUBSTITUTE 2 TSP VINEGAR OR
LEMON JUICE TO 1/2 CUP MILK, IN THIS RECIPE IT WOULD BE 8 TSP TO 2 CUPS
MILK. LET STAND FOR A FEW MINUTES, THEN ADD TO PUDDING AND MIX.



No comments:

Post a Comment