Monday, July 14, 2008

Stormy




I've lived out here on the prairie for over two years now and this my friend, is my third summer. Now I've pretty much gotten used to the fact that the weather changes without warning here and that being in big sky country it's usually gorgeous and fun. But... When it comes to the kind of season we've been having this year as far as Tornado warnings and touchdowns, it's both thrilling, neat and scary to be able to see a storm coming toward you for MILES. I don't mean oh say five miles I mean holy crap that's a long ways away, miles .



This lovely little photo is before the hail decided to shower down and make it's lovely tink tink harmony and scare the bejeebers out of my middle little ( my middle child). Come on even I know better than to be standing outside taking pictures when it's hailing, well not unless you are wearing a hard hat. Then that would just be being passionate about photography right?



I am well aware in other parts of the country they would have all the right in the world to stone me and burn me at the stake for talking about bad weather. But, I'm still getting used to the fact that it's just a matter of everyday life to have tornado watches and warnings more than a few times summer. God bless you with your nerves of solid rock people in tornado alley.



Oh, I should add that all the damage we've had "knock on wood" has been minimal...branches down,shingles blown off the garage and barn, and my poor snap dragons and moss roses laid over.





No comments:

Post a Comment